Middle School Principal
Website First Presbyterian Day School
First Presbyterian Day School (FPD) is a 3K-12th grade Christ centered, college preparatory independent school located in Macon, Georgia which exists to educate and equip children to change the world for God’s glory.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Provide positive leadership, overseeing 6th-8th Grade, in a manner that promotes continuous support of the school’s core values and mission. Develop and maintain a collaborative and cooperative environment among the faculty and staff. Instill through example a sense of filled challenge, excitement, and growth.
• Evaluate teachers and assist in areas of professional growth and development
• Serve as an advisor to faculty
• Interview and assist in the hiring and releasing of faculty
• Planning and implementing student assemblies, field trips, field day, spirit week, parent meetings, weekly faculty devotionals, monthly faculty meetings, open houses, new teacher orientation, new student orientation, and assisting with student chapels
• Develop, maintain, enforce, and evaluate school policy in areas of honor code, dress code, course requirements, academic standards, student club offerings, student community service, and extra-curricular activities
• Work with curriculum director on appropriate placement of students and oversight of class objectives and activities
• Monitor and promote student achievement in all aspects of middle school
• Academic, emotional, and spiritual counseling of students
• Report (written and verbal) to the board and headmaster concerning middle school needs, concerns, and issues
• Communicate to parents and families via letters, telephone, email, person to person (day and evenings)
• Assist the Dean of Students with general and individual student behavior
• Encourage appropriate conflict resolution between all constituents
• Yearly scheduling of approximately 200 students and 25 teachers
• Work with the COO on maintaining facilities
• PR- communicate positive events and honors pertaining to life on the FPD campus to the school community and the community at large
• Develop and maintain a collaborative and cooperative environment among faculty and staff. Instill through example a sense (culture) of excitement, challenge, and growth. Promote the continuous pursuit of FPD’s stated goals and core values.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field- administration or middle education preferred
• Deep understanding of the developmental needs of middle school-age children
• Growing Christian with a credible profession of faith and involvement in an evangelical church.
• Experience in leading others toward shared goals and building community
• Demonstrated skills defined within the content of the position description, including excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
• Capacity to initiate and nurture relationships
• Computer proficiency: MS Office and data base management (experience with Blackbaud preferred); possess the ability desire to learn new technologies.
• Commitment to a lifestyle above reproach in line with FPD’s Statement of Christian Principles and Ministerial Role of Faculty.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The majority of work will be performed on the school campus. The person in this role is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may be required to lift up to 20lbs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org