Director of Instruction & Innovation
Website First Presbyterian Day School
General Academic Program Oversight
- Enhance effectiveness and efficiency of academic program.
- Co-labor with and support Head of School in fulfilling mission of the school.
- Provide research-based thought leadership.
- Create an innovation strategy that is understood and endorsed by key stakeholders.
- Employ innovation to differentiate the school in the competitive market, providing unique value to customers
- Chair and oversee Academic Committee.
- Supervise various academic budget areas (e.g., library, IS).
- Oversee special academic projects and issues (e.g., curriculum guide, summer reading program, evaluation handbook, grading scale, Blue Ribbon School).
- Advise, particularly related to innovation, academic, curriculum, and instruction issues.
Innovation Development: “Innovation is the process of creating value by applying novel solutions to meaningful problems.”
- Provide research to aid in school’s academic decisions.
- Provide leadership to projects assigned by Head of School.
- Research and find cutting-edge academic ideas for review.
- Build a road map and associated timeline for innovation implementation.
- Build and grow school innovation capabilities including technical and people-driven innovations.
- Drive new growth opportunities by identifying, prioritizing, developing, and launching new academic services and academic business models.
- Champion innovation internally and externally to influence the school’s brand and difference factors in the market to draw prospective families and prospective employee talent.
- Develop strategies to address academic challenges school faces.
- Research current trends in Christian education, K-12 education, higher education, student learning, student engagement, teacher professional development, etc.
- Evaluate and review non-traditional delivery models for review.
- Design Thinking – wonder & question, empathize, ideate, prototype, test, and reflection.
- Develop forward thinking academic culture.
- Network with outside contacts such as Christian school associations, various thought leaders, K-12 school leaders, higher education leaders, etc.
- Work with principals to advance differentiation and instructional improvement.
- Educate and engage various stakeholders related to the future of education.
Curriculum Development and Evaluation
- Oversee curriculum development.
- Oversee curriculum materials evaluation and adoption.
- Oversee purchasing of curriculum materials.
- Manage budget for textbook, consumable materials, and curriculum initiatives.
- Study curriculum trends and research.
- Advise teachers and departments on curriculum issues.
- Oversee and support principals’ faculty oversight of instruction.
- Advise teachers, principals, and departments on instructional issues.
- Instructional demonstration, training, and support.
- Train and support use of instructional technology.
- Assist in provision and oversight of instructional resources and promotion of their appropriate use (e.g., instructional technology, outdoor classroom).
- Answer the question: What resources do we have and what resources do we need to have to continually improve the student-centered instructional environment?
Faculty Hiring, Evaluation, and Development
- Oversee, plan, conduct, and approve faculty professional development.
- Manage faculty development budget.
- Advise faculty and administration on faculty development issues.
- Manage certification documentation (ACSI, CESA, SAIS).
- Manage documentation of state-approved programs.
- Document accreditation compliance.
- Assist Head of School with faculty hiring and retention process.
School Improvement & Accreditation
- Collect and analyze student achievement data.
- Research current trends and research in curriculum and instruction.
- Disseminate information to faculty and administration.
- Supervise and document progress on School Improvement Plan.
- Supervise documentation of compliance with SACS standards.
- Complete annual accreditation reports.
- Oversee 5-year accreditation review process, including self-study.
- Periodic reports to the board and to constituents on academic and school improvement issues.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com