High School Physics Teacher
HS Physics Teacher:
Fellowship Christian School has an opening for a full-time, High School Physics teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. We are a college prep K4-12th grade school of approximately 900 students. Our aim is to prepare students to excel in any field of study that God calls them to while instilling a strong Biblical foundation.
We are searching for an innovative, energetic Physics Teacher to join our excellent department. This is a great opportunity to teach Science through a Christian Worldview. The Physics Teacher’s responsibilities include preparing stimulating lessons, identifying and analyzing student needs, strengths, and weaknesses, overseeing experiments, as well as setting and grading assessments. You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, respond well to criticism, and thrive under pressure.
To be successful as a Physics Teacher, you should be passionate about science and have a sound understanding of scientific rules and methods. Outstanding candidates have superb instructional skills, are able to keep calm, and try their best to leave no student behind.
Physics Teacher Responsibilities:
Ø Understanding curriculum requirements, and creating syllabi, lesson plans, and educational content that satisfy these requirements.
Ø Analyzing the needs, strengths, and weaknesses of students and structuring lessons and assessments around them.
Ø Adjusting teaching methods to suit different groups of learners.
Ø Creating engaging, stimulating lesson plans, and asking frequent questions to make sure students are on track.
Ø Providing extra support to students that require it, and more challenging tasks to those who are ahead of the class.
Ø Keeping abreast of developments and research in the field and using this to ensure lessons are relevant.
Ø Reporting any progress issues to the head of the department, as well as the parents.
Ø Attending meetings, training sessions, workshops, conferences, and other continuing education initiatives.
Ø Supervising lab sessions, delivering practical demonstrations, and accompanying students on field trips.
Ø Keeping the line of communication open between students, staff, and parents.
Ø Physics Teacher Requirements:
Ø Degree in Physical Science or a related discipline.
Ø Relevant teaching certification may be required.
Ø A completed teaching apprenticeship would be advantageous.
Ø Tutoring experience would be advantageous.
Ø Familiarity with different types of teaching styles.
Ø Patience, innovation, and knowledge of classroom management and student discipline.
Ø Strong multitasking abilities.
· Seeking an individual who has/is:
· Technical Understanding, creative and hands on
· Incorporating Biblical Integration into all curriculum areas
· Instructing students in subject content along with designing engaging lessons and classroom activities
· Demonstrating the ability to successfully implement differentiated teaching strategies
· Investing in the lives of the students and building genuine, teacher-student relationships
· Managing the classroom environment in a way that optimizes the students’ learning
· Maintaining regular communication with students and parents regarding students’ progress
· Working cooperatively with the teachers to ensure vertical alignment within the curricula
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to use technology effectively
· Preferred ability to teach Advanced Placement level
Minimum Education Required
· Masters preferred or Undergraduate degree and experience in related field
· Current ACSI or State Certification in High School Education
Minimum Experience Required
· 5 or more years preferred
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org