Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
STATUS: Part-Time, 20 hours a week, non-exempt
SCHEDULE: Calendar year, 20 hours a week
BENEFITS: Non-benefit eligible
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Development (and also in concert with the Development Coordinator), the Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for processing, acknowledging, and stewarding all gifts to the school. The primary focus of this position is to process and acknowledge gifts, maintain accurate donor records in the database, and to create opportunities to deepen relationships for the school through communication with donors. Additionally, this position provides administrative support in all functions of the Development Office including, but not limited to, events planning, donor correspondence, volunteer management, and mailings.
· Receive, process, deposit, acknowledge, and report gifts, including cash, online, stock, and in-kind donations.
· Manage the gift acknowledgement process including adhering to turnaround time, writing letters, printing, garnering signatures, making special notes and alerts.
· Reconcile all gifts and funds with the Business Office general ledger.
· Track pledge payment schedules and generate pledge reminders/statements on schedule including generating year-end contribution statements.
· Manage recurring gifts and payroll deduction giving, including troubleshooting auto-payment issues and corresponding and reconciling with the payroll manager.
· Manage the pledge collection process including donor contact and active pursuit of matching gifts.
· Maintain a current and accurate donor and gift database (Raiser’s Edge) of constituents, alumni, donors, and gifts by entering new data and updating existing data as needed.
· Provide administrative support for the moves management process, including data entry (actions, notes, call reports, etc.), filing, and correspondence.
· Work with Database Administrator to ensure timely and accurate flow of information between databases through the integration process.
· Prepare development reports and special queries as requested for department, leadership team, and Board meetings.
· Create and implement a donor relations/stewardship plan each year including multiple touch points with donors through various communications, donor engagement and appreciation.
· Responsible for event communication, planning and execution of donor recognition activities and events (i.e. Leadership Donor Dinner, donor plaques, named space dedications, ribbon cutting ceremonies, etc.)
· Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of all development events (alumni events, new family events, etc.) including the tracking of event attendance in Raiser’s Edge.
· Assist in monitoring fundraising activities throughout the school by maintaining the development and fundraising calendars.
· Communicate funded gifts for designated departments and track spending/stewardship of these gifts, including notation on gift record.
· Assist with communicating and processing Georgia GOAL contributions, including letter and email correspondence, tracking, and donor acknowledgement.
· Assist in selecting, ordering, and arranging for donor and volunteer gifts and/or recognition.
· Assist with prospect and foundation research.
· Provide support for large mailings, meetings, special events, volunteer committees, and other projects as needed.
· Maintain an inventory of all collateral materials used by the Development office and handle purchase orders and vendor relationships for the department.
· Provide general administrative support and other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and the Development Coordinator.
· Act in the absence of the Director of Development and Development Coordinator as needed, including taking phone calls, visitors, and attending meetings.
· Comply with conditions, policies, and procedures as stated in Employee Code of Conduct and Handbook.
· Model appropriate Christian behavior in speech and actions.
· Profess faith in Jesus Christ and accepts and exemplifies the FCS covenant statement, culture and mission statement of Fellowship Christian School.
· Possesses a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in independent school or collegiate development.
· Has the ability to write clear, concise, and compelling copy for various letters, notes, publications and communication vehicles. Possessing impeccable communication skills (both oral and written), including excellent grammar and proofreading ability.
· Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrates strong attention to detail and consistent follow through with assigned projects.
· Is skilled in working with statistical data and analytical thinking.
· Demonstrates a proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as experience with social media and internet research.
· Possesses a working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other database experience including queries.
· Demonstrates excellent judgement and is able to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive information.
· Lifting boxes and other packages not exceeding 20 pounds; special event set up including kneeling and stooping; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. Some evening hours may be required to support events. Hearing and audible voice required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org