Director of Human Resources
Website FAITH LUTHERAN MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL
“Everyone prepared! Everyone saved!”
To be the standard of excellence for Christian schools.
The Role and Function of The Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the administrative duties to insure the school has well-written and legal policies, secured personnel files, a benefit package that is both cost effective and beneficial to the workers, legal protection through insurance coverage, a wellness program to support and promote healthy lifestyles for the workers, and to act as a liaison between the staff and families and the Executive Office.
The Positional Responsibilities
1. Maintain the calendar of the CEO, remind him of appointments and welcome guests who come to meet with him.
2. Supervise Sub Coordinator/HR Assistant and Payroll Clerk/HR Assistant
3. Provide the necessary documents for new hires and terminations, including benefits, drug testing, background authorizations and payroll information. Update information for benefits when there is a life change in a family.
4. Welcome and conduct an orientation for all new employees along with the principals.
5. Assist the principals/directors/managers in discipline actions of employees by providing legal considerations and possible solutions to personnel problems.
6. Acknowledge a death of a parent, child or spouse of an employee with a Memory Box.
7. Acknowledge birth of a child of an employee with a gift.
8. Counsel employees when requested and promote a safe, healthy environment for all workers.
9. Work with the CFO on salary structure, benefit costs and insurance premiums as it impacts the budget.
10. Organize and present the annual Faith Care at the return of teachers.
11. Provide monthly wellness programs to promote and educate a healthy life style.
12. Gather and present non-medical insurance claims to the proper company.
13. Report all employee accidents to worker’s comp and complete all necessary paperwork to OSHA. Follow up with injured employees and monitor their progress.
14. Instruct employees on disability procedures, coordinating with the Financial Office for payroll effect.
15. Produce the salary matrix and schedules for the CEO and CFO. Write all contracts, Calls and compensation statements each year and upon hiring. Notify the Pacific-Southwest District of Calls.
16. Maintain and update salary spreadsheet for contracts and compensation statements.
17. Work with insurance broker on assisting employees with health insurance questions.
18. Conduct manager meetings as needed.
19. Attend Safety Meetings as called by the Facilities Director.
20. Collect all the reports and product the Board of Directors packets, scanning it and sending it to the CEO for distribution.
21. Notify payroll clerk of payroll changes for stipends, benefit changes, etc.
22. Maintain the list of approved drivers for school vehicles.
23. Maintain the list of staff teaching licenses and Occupational Permits, sharing that information with the principals.
24. Promote flu shots, flu mist and Hepatitis vaccines for the staff by bringing in outside company to administer.
25. Help parents connect with the proper authority to get resolutions to their problems.
26. Maintain and update the staff handbooks and post to employee website every fall.
27. Sign checks as a second signature on school disbursements.
28. Provide Notary service to school, employees and families.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources and the ability to work with those charged with managing the school. The HR Director must also have a strong desire to nurture and encourage workers to promote the mission of the school. Continuing education in the field of Human Resources is also required. Familiarity with Office programs, the ability to write correspondences and policies, design practical use forms and a strong sense of working as a team is necessary.
When representing Faith Lutheran Middle School & High School, the Director of Human Resources shall not act in a manner that is unethical, imprudent, illegal or inconsistent with the Christian faith, the articles of incorporation, By-laws, policies or mission of Faith Lutheran Middle School & High School.
Salary and Benefits
The Director of Human Resources is a full-time, exempt position with competitive pay. Salary range is $55,000 to $65,000 depending on experience. Benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance, pension, 403b retirement savings, vacation/personal/sick leave, paid holidays and student tuition discount (if applicable).
Qualified applicants, please submit your resume and a statement of your faith to Stephanie Cannito, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 20, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com