Secondary Vocal Music Teacher
Website Cypress Christian School
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE | BIBLICAL VALUES | CULTURAL IMPACT
SUMMARY OF POSITION, FUNCTION AND DUTIES
Under direction of the principal, the teacher is assigned to teach students and to fulfill the mission of honoring the Lord Jesus Christ by providing students an education based upon academic excellence and biblical values. The school administration may assign additional duties or specify other functions needed as may be appropriate for specific faculty posts.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
PERSONAL BELIEF & BEHAVIOR
- Must be a born-again Christian whose lifestyle and character demonstrate obedience to God and the Holy Scriptures, and express agreement with the doctrinal viewpoints and Christian lifestyle requirements of the school.
- Must be able to serve as a positive Christian role model to others in the CCS school context.
- Must be able to accept and support the school’s policies, philosophy of education and doctrinal statement.
- Must have an understanding of and commitment to CCS’s educational objectives and philosophy of education.
- Must possess sufficient biblical knowledge that enables the teacher to integrate Scripture into subjects taught, thus imparting to the students a biblical worldview position.
Must faithfully attend a local church whose fundamental beliefs are in agreement with the Statement of Faith of this school.
- Must affirm that working in this Christian school as a teacher is consistent with what he/she believes is pleasing to God and represents a good stewardship of his/her time, talent, and professional abilities.
- Must enjoy working with young people.
- Must possess at least a bachelor’s degree. Graduate degrees desirable. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in music with an education track is preferred.
- Must possess a valid teaching certificate (ACSI or State of Texas).
- Must have excellent knowledge of subject matter and be effective in teaching and maintaining appropriate classroom discipline.
- All new teachers to CCS must apply for and receive temporary ACSI certification within (6) months of commencing teaching before being eligible to be considered for a new contract.
- All new teachers must complete the ACSI Philosophy of Christian Education course or its approved equivalent prior to starting the second year of employment.
- All continuing CCS teachers must maintain current ACSI certification to be eligible to be considered for a new contract.
INDIVIDUAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Superior interpersonal relationship skills
- Possess physical stamina required to fulfill the professional obligations of the teaching profession and their specific faculty assignment.
- Proficiency in computer and technology applications necessary for the teaching profession.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to properly use the English language.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Effective multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to schedule and other changes.
- Excellent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to build a 6th-12th grade vocal music program.
- Co-lead musical theater productions with secondary drama teachers.
- Possesses the ability to create, direct, and maintain a total program which provides continuity and training that prepares students competitively.
- Select music and music materials which are appropriate for teaching and performance and which will contribute to the development of the student’s understanding and appreciation of music and the student’s development of a biblical worldview.
To apply for this job please visit cypresschristian.tedk12.com.