ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE | BIBLICAL VALUES | CULTURAL IMPACT
SUMMARY OF POSITION, FUNCTION AND DUTIES
Under direction of the Elementary Principal, the Librarian is responsible to oversee the smooth and orderly operation of the library and is assigned to teach students and to fulfill the mission of honoring the Lord Jesus Christ by providing students an education based upon academic excellence and biblical values. The school administration may assign additional duties or specify other functions needed as may be appropriate for specific faculty posts.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
PERSONAL BELIEF & BEHAVIOR
- Must be a born-again Christian whose lifestyle and character demonstrate obedience to God and the Holy Scriptures.
- Must be able to serve as a positive Christian role model to others in the CCS school context.
- Must be able to accept and support the school’s doctrinal statement.
- Must have an understanding of and commitment to CCS’s educational objectives and philosophy of education.
- Must possess sufficient biblical knowledge that enables the teacher to integrate Scripture into subjects taught, thus imparting to the students a biblical worldview position.
- Must faithfully attend a local church whose fundamental beliefs are in agreement with the Statement of Faith of this school.
- Must affirm that working in this Christian school as a teacher is consistent with what he/she believes is pleasing to God and represents a good stewardship of his/her time, talent, and professional abilities.
- Must enjoy working with young people.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree in Library Science is preferred.
- Must possess a valid teaching certificate (ACSI or State of Texas).
- Must have excellent knowledge of the fundamentals of topics and issues related to the library and library management.
- Must be effective in teaching and maintaining appropriate classroom discipline.
- All new faculty to CCS must apply for and receive temporary ACSI certification within (6) months of commencing teaching before being eligible to be considered for a new contract.
- All new faculty must complete the ACSI Philosophy of Christian Education course or its approved equivalent prior to starting the second year of employment.
- All continuing CCS faculty must maintain current ACSI certification to be considered for a new contract.
INDIVIDUAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Superior interpersonal relationship skills
- Possess physical stamina required to fulfill the professional obligations of the teaching profession and their specific faculty assignment.
- Proficiency in computer and technology applications necessary for the librarian profession.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to properly use the English language.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Effective multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to schedule and other changes.
- Excellent judgment and discretion.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Bible and its application in their subject area.
- Be an enthusiastic follower of Jesus Christ.
To apply for this job please visit www.cypresschristian.org.