Director of Advancement
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE | BIBLICAL VALUES | CULTURAL IMPACT
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under the direction of the President, the Director of Advancement is responsible for fulfilling the school’s mission of honoring the Lord Jesus Christ by providing students an education based upon academic excellence and biblical values, as detailed below.
The school administration may assign additional duties or specify other functions needed as may be appropriate for specific faculty posts.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
PERSONAL BELIEF & BEHAVIOR
- Must be a born-again Christian whose lifestyle and character demonstrate obedience to God and the Holy Scriptures and express agreement with the doctrinal viewpoints and Christian lifestyle requirements of the school.
- Must be able to serve as a positive Christian role model to others in the CCS school context.
- Must be able to accept and support the school’s doctrinal statement.
- Must have an understanding of and commitment to CCS’s educational objectives and philosophy of education.
- Must possess sufficient biblical knowledge that enables the director to work from and impart a biblical worldview to his/her team.
- Must faithfully attend a local church whose fundamental beliefs are in agreement with the Statement of Faith and Doctrine of this school.
- Must affirm that working in this Christian school is consistent with his/her purpose and/or calling from God and minister as an employee and role model at a Christian school and represent good stewardship of his/her time, talent and professional abilities.
- Must possess at least a bachelor’s degree. Graduate degrees desirable.
- Successful experience managing a fundraising or development program (or equivalent experience) preferred.
- Experience in marketing preferred.
- Must maintain appropriate standards of conduct and discipline in all school environments.
INDIVIDUAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Mastery of best practices in fundraising and development efforts
Superior interpersonal relationship skills with the motivation to authentically connect with prospective donors
- Proven ability to provide management oversight and leadership in order to develop trust and strong collaborative working relationships
- Proficiency in computer and technology applications necessary for the Director of Advancement position including Microsoft Office
- Strong and highly responsive oral and written communication skills, including the ability to use the
- English language properly
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Effective multi-tasking, organizational and time-management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to schedule and other changes
- Excellent judgment, discretion and commitment to confidentiality
- Working knowledge of the Bible and its application to school programs and communication on behalf of the school
- Enthusiastic follower of Jesus Christ
FUNCTION AND DUTIES
- Lead and improve the school’s development/fundraising strategies and efforts, advertising/promotional activities and admissions efforts.
- Ensure a system of follow-up on all donors.
Organize/execute contact and follow up with donors personally and through assignments to others with development responsibilities.
- Create/direct development events that produce donation income.
- Ensure a development system is executed and maintained.
- Lead recruitment of volunteers for development and fundraising efforts.
- Place efficient processes to ensure the school’s trademarks, name and goodwill are stewarded well; facilitate volunteers, sports teams, fine arts and other departments to conduct fundraising without compromising primary fundraising efforts and initiatives.
- Oversee the school’s marketing plan, implementation and budget. Provide direction for key marketing/advertising needs for the school.
- Lead in creating, running or supporting school functions such as Blue/White Night, Annual Member Meetings, Parent Open House, Parent Meetings, etc., that build the community and culture of giving, re-enrollment and dedication to mission in the school community of parents and supporters.
Alumni: Oversee the school’s alumni relations strategies and efforts in order to encourage alumni to meaningfully connect and participate in the life of the school.
Admissions: Oversee school’s admissions strategies and efforts and provide supervision and leadership to admissions department and personnel.
Communications: Oversee the school’s communications personnel efforts that also support efforts above.
To apply for this job please visit www.cypresschristian.org.