Director of Diversity and Inclusion
Website Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
Director of Diversity and Inclusion
The CHCA Board of Trustees has been focused for many years on ensuring a diverse and equitable culture for the school. In our most recent strategic plan, Diversity and Inclusion is one of our four strategic pillars. To that end, the Board approved the hiring of a Director of Diversity and Inclusion to lead these strategic efforts.
Reports To: Assistant Head of School
Supported By: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
· Build upon the 30-year history of Christ-centered multi-denominational educational excellence, continuing the growth experienced through the enrollment of diverse families and an International Student Program currently including 12 countries, and expand these enrollments and inclusion to better reflect the beautiful diversity of the Kingdom of God
· Lead the school in fostering a vibrant, welcoming, and inclusive culture not only for diverse families and staff, but for the entire community
· Develop and execute strategies to build and maintain a racially, culturally, and economically diverse school
· Serve as a liaison and develop partnerships amongst all CHCA campus communities and constituencies
· Develop internal principles and policies and recommend school policies that incorporate diversity, enabling our school to accomplish its mission for all students
· Focus on the retention and recruitment of diverse staff, faculty, students, and families to Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
· Partner with the Board of Trustees, faculty, administration, and parents to drive engagement and ensure the successful development and matriculation of minority students
· Deliver programs to increase awareness of ethnic diversity and build a culture of inclusion within the faculty and student body across all grades
· Direct activities rooted in a commitment to a Kingdom view of diversity and unity within the Body of Christ
· Foster a spirit of reconciliation, justice, and wholeness within our entire school community
· Lead efforts through vision casting, educating, creating and leading student affinity groups, connecting with constituents, and building bridges in the greater community.
In addition to that shared in the Role Summary above, this position will entail the following essential responsibilities:
· Collaborate with various CHCA stakeholders to execute planning, policies, strategy, communication, and programming.
· Foster an environment where all students, parents, and staff feel valued and supported, as well as serve as an advocate for potentially marginalized persons or groups.
· Provide advocacy and training to various CHCA stakeholders in developing cultural competencies, creating dialogue, reviewing curriculum, and promoting culturally sensitive teaching practices.
· Amplify the sense of community among our northern and Armleder campuses.
· Engage in the effective recruitment of diverse faculty, staff and students.
· Evaluate website, communications, and social media that might foster, promote, or hinder diversity and inclusion.
· Keep current on diversity and inclusion best practices.
· The ideal candidate must have at a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree.
· This person will have an active and vibrant faith in Jesus Christ, be actively involved in a local church, agrees with the CHCA Statement of Faith, and is able to work successfully in a multidenominational Christian organization.
· Have prior experience leading diversity initiatives in academia or a business environment; a personal calling to serve people of all races, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds with genuine care, sensitivity, confidentiality, and equity.
· Proven leadership skills with the ability to create and execute strategies, manage large projects and programs with a high degree of independent decision-making and discretion.
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
· A working knowledge of the laws and regulations relating to diversity and inclusion.
Notice of Interest
If this position is of interest to you, please submit the following by October 9, 2020:
· A letter of interest which includes why CHCA would be an ideal place for you to work in the area of diversity and inclusion
· A current resume
· A list of references
To apply for this job please visit chcaoh.applicantpool.com.