General Music Teacher (K-8)
Website Christian Heritage Academy
Christ Centered • Academically Excellent • Life Transforming
ACSI Accredited Christian Heritage Academy is seeking a General Music Teacher (K-8) to join our growing school for the 2021-22 school year. CHA offers an exemplary education with a biblical worldview for preschool through high school, and equips children to be lifetime followers of Jesus Christ. Prospective candidates are experienced, creative, and flexible elementary “Living Curriculum Teachers” who have a growing relationship with Christ, are excellent in their field, and are capable of inspiring students to reach their God-given potential. Living Curriculum Teachers demonstrate a love for the Lord, a love for learning, and a love for children.
Ideal candidates should hold a Professional Educator License with endorsement in General Music Education, preferably with 2-3 years of experience. The General Music Teacher provides comprehensive instruction in the musical elements of melody, harmony, rhythm, and form in different contexts, with increasing depth and breadth at each successive grade; creates consistent learning experiences which engage in singing, moving, listening, performing, composing/improvising, and reading/writing (literacy) music. Knowledge of Orff, Kodaly and recorder preferred.
- Follower of Jesus Christ, who seeks to live all of life under His Lordship.
- Spiritual maturity, with academic and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to teach all truth as God’s truth.
- Demonstrated heart for the mission of Christian Heritage Academy and the advancement of Christian education.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain a courteous and respectful attitude in all situations.
- The ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment in a supportive, transparent and solution-driven fashion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com