Fifth Grade Teacher
Website Central Christian School
Central Christian School is seeking an experienced and innovative educator to serve our school as a Fifth Grade Teacher to teach Math, Science, Social Studies, and Bible. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a Christian academic institution as a member of a talented and dedicated staff. All candidates should have a demonstrable Christian commitment and an educational philosophy that is consistent with Central Christian School’s mission statement. This individual will be responsible for the educational experience of Central Christian students including the implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum and program that promotes the spiritual, cognitive, and social/emotional development of students.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education
- Three or more years of elementary teaching experience
- Strong ability to connect with children
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eagerness to serve in a Christian learning environment
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team
- Deep understanding of Understanding by Design and curriculum development
- At least two years of experience teaching with Singapore Math and FOSS Science
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated success differentiating instruction to meet the diverse needs of learners.
- Ability to interact professionally with parents and school community members
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Demonstrated success creating a classroom community where all students feel safe, welcome, and respected
- Ability to support our mission by relating the Christian faith to learning and life
To apply for this job please visit www.centralschoolstl.org.