Passion for God. Love of Truth. Zeal to Serve.
Central Christian School is seeking an experienced and innovative educator to serve our school as an Elementary Teacher. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a racially diverse, Christian elementary school serving children ages 3 through 6th Grade. All candidates should have a demonstrable Christian commitment and an educational philosophy that is consistent with Central Christian School’s mission statement. This individual will be responsible for the educational experience of students including the implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum and program that promotes the spiritual, cognitive and social-emotional development of students.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education
- Three or more years of elementary teaching experience
- Strong ability to connect with children
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eagerness to serve in a Christian learning environment
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team
- Deep understanding of curriculum development utilizing Understanding by Design
- At least two years of experience teaching with Balanced Literacy
- Experience with Lucy Calkins Units of Study, preferred
- Experience with Singapore Math (Math in Focus)
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated success differentiating instruction to meet the diverse needs of learners.
- Ability to interact professionally with parents and school community members
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Demonstrated success creating a classroom community where all students feel safe, welcome and respected
- Ability to support our mission by relating the Christian faith to learning and life
To apply for this job please visit www.centralschoolstl.org.