Website Capistrano Valley Christian Schools
Title: Payroll Specialist
Type of employment: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Human Resources Director
Essential job functions:
- Employee is a Born-again Christian, who fully supports the Statement of Faith of CVCS and performs in such a way as to fulfill the school mission statement.
- Employee is actively involved in a local church.
- Employee will demonstrate the qualities of a Christian role model.
- Employee will model the set of values that create our CVCS Culture (see attached).
- Employee will always exhibit a positive, supportive attitude through their words and actions about CVCS toward students, families, and the outside community.
- Employee cooperates with the staff and administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
- Assists with various tasks as delegated by the HR Director & Business Manager.
- Job duties:
- Processes & balances payroll twice a month.
- Maintains Time and Attendance System: processes timecards/edits, assist employees with Time and Attendance System and Computers.
- Maintains accurate employee records to assigned property, department and system access/approvals, data entry of company approved hours, such as vacation, sick, jury duty, bereavement, etc.
- Processes status change forms, wage deductions, wage garnishments, etc., communicating with affected employee as needed. Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job title and pay increases, labor cost codes and all new hire information.
- Distribute checks to employees. Prepares manual checks as needed.
- Ensures accuracy of the Workers Compensation Codes.
- Handles 403(b) contributions by working with Accts Payable Clerk.
- Balances liability accounts related to payroll.
- Interacts with Bookkeeper on month-end closings.
- Provides office support to faculty and staff
Minimum education requirements:
Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent on-the-job experience.
Position requires prolonged sitting. Position requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Position requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Position requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Typical mental requirement:
Employee must be able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials, and input information into a computer. Employee must understand people and effectively communicate with them, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner. The position requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills. The employee must be able to make effective decisions in the supervisor’s absence.
Equipment skill set:
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and other office machines such as a copier, fax machine, calculator, telephone, intercom, etc.
- Employee must be able to use a computer system with functions such as Microsoft Office, & Google’s “G Suite for Education”.
- Employee must have experience using payroll software; preferably ADP.
Employee works in a typical office setting. In a school setting, the employee must be able to multitask, as student needs frequently need attention during a typical school day. Employee may be required to work overtime. The employee is always a positive representation of CVCS, and a positive role model to students and parents.
To apply for this job please visit www.cvcs.org.