High School Social Studies Teacher
Website Capistrano Valley Christian Schools
Provide educational excellence in a Christ-centered environment.
Title: High School Teacher
Type of Employment: Exempt
Reports to: High School Principal
Essential job functions:
- Employee is a Born-Again Christian, who fully supports the Statement of Faith of CVCS and performs in such a way as to fulfill the school mission statement.
- Employee is actively involved at a local Christian Church.
- Employee will demonstrate the qualities of a Christian role model.
- Employee has the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to “train up a child in the way he should go”.
- Employee cooperates with the staff and administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
- Employee teaches classes as assigned following prescribed scope and sequence as outlined in the grade level curriculum guides.
- Employee integrates Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
More detailed job duties:
- Maintain proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises for a positive learning environment.
- Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom.
- Plan broadly through the use of semester and quarterly plans and objectives, and more currently through the use of a lesson plan book.
- Attend staff meetings and weekly devotions.
- Follow the guidelines and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook.
- Conduct parent conferences as needed.
- Maintain student report cards and submit all paperwork and documentation to the office by stated deadlines.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to administration upon request.
- Attend all staff in-services and teacher orientation meetings.
- Attend the high school retreat and other student social events.
- Attend and participate in the 12th grade graduation ceremony and reception.
- Employee will perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum education requirements:
- Must hold at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the subject or closely related field he/she will be teaching.
- State teaching credential preferred.
- Position requires prolonged standing and sitting, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Position requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Position requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- Position requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Typical mental requirement:
- Employee must be able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials, and input information into a computer.
- Employee must understand people and effectively communicate with them, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner.
- The position requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
- The employee must be able to make effective decisions in the supervisor’s absence.
Equipment skill set:
Employee must be able to operate a computer and other office machines such as a copy machine, telephone, intercom, etc.
Employee must be able to use a computer system with functions such as Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Google’s “G Suite for Education” & FACTS Student Information Systems.
- Employee works in a typical school setting. The employee must be able to multitask, as student needs frequently need attention during a typical school day.
- Employee may be required to work overtime.
- Employee is, during work hours, always vigilant as a supervisor of children.
- The employee is always a positive representation of CVCS, and a positive role model to students and parents.
To apply for this job please visit www.cvcs.org.