High School Educational Technologist
Website Capistrano Valley Christian Schools
Provide educational excellence in a Christ-centered environment.
Title: Educational Technologist
Type of Employment: Exempt
Reports to: High School Principal
Essential job functions:
· Employee is a Born-again Christian, who fully supports the Statement of Faith of CVCS and performs in such a way as to fulfill the school mission statement.
· Employee is actively involved in a local church.
· Employee will demonstrate the qualities of a Christian role model.
· Employee will model the set of values that create our CVCS Culture.
· Employee will always exhibit a positive, supportive attitude through their words and actions about CVCS toward students, families, and the outside community.
· Employee cooperates with the staff and administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
· Junior High Computer Programming – 1 class
· High School Computer Programming – 1 class
· Teacher coach, assisting with implementing technology in the classroom.
· Curricular support: Guidance and expertise in curriculum and STEM programs to implement.
· Develop an annual calendar for after school tech programs: A/V, 3D Printing, Robotics, Programming.
· Work in coordination with IT Director for Tech support and troubleshooting
· Launch Esports team(s).
· Managing Elementary instructional databases.
· Technology Plan: Supports principals in developing comprehensive instructional technology integration.
· Data Analysis: Develops an ecosystem for collecting, reporting, and analyzing data. Reports handed off to the administration team as well as individual teachers and departments.
· PD: Working with Principals to integrate technology into PD programs.
Minimum education requirements:
· Must possess a degree from a four-year college or university.
· Single or Multiple Subject Teaching Credential Preferred.
· Position requires prolonged standing and sitting, bending, stooping and stretching. Position requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
· Position requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Position requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Typical mental requirement:
· Employee must be able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials, and input information into a computer. Employee must understand people and effectively communicate with them, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner. The position requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills. The employee must be able to make effective decisions in the supervisor’s absence.
Equipment skill set:
· Employee must be able to operate a computer and other office machines such as a copier, fax machine, calculator, telephone, intercom, etc.
· Employee must be able to use a computer system with functions such as Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Google’s “G Suite for Education” & RenWeb Student Information Systems.
· Employee works in a typical school setting. The employee must be able to multitask, as student needs frequently need attention during a typical school day.
· Employee may be required to work overtime.
· Employee is, during work hours, always vigilant as a supervisor of children.
· The employee is always a positive representation of CVCS, and a positive role model to students and parents.
To apply for this job please visit www.cvcs.org.