Elementary Instructional Assistant
Website Capistrano Valley Christian Schools
Title: Elementary Instructional Assistant
Type of Employment: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Elementary Principal
Essential job functions:
● Employee is a Born-again Christian, who fully supports the Statement of Faith of CVCS and performs in such a way as to fulfill the school mission statement.
● Employee is actively involved in a church.
● Employee will demonstrate the qualities of a Christian role model.
● Employee will model the set of values that create our CVCS Culture.
● Assists elementary teachers or elementary principal as needed.
● Employee cooperates with the staff and administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
More detailed job duties:
● Assist students in the class and runs teacher directed small groups when needed.
● Assists the teacher in grading, filing, photocopying, and other organizational tasks as needed and directed by the classroom teacher.
● May need to substitute in the event of a teacher absence.
● Uses walkie-talkie to communicate with the front office.
● Help others when there is downtime, but must stay loyal to the assigned classroom teacher.
● Provide discipline, when necessary, to students misbehaving at lunch or recess.
● Maintain recess equipment during lunch breaks and recess breaks.
● Make sure balls, jump ropes, hula hoops, etc. are in good condition and placed on the rack.
● Make sure equipment is put away after the last lunch/recess and rolled underneath the stairs after morning recess.
● Supervises and provides for the safety of all children when walking them in the halls and during recess and lunch periods.
● Communicates all safety concerns with teachers and administration.
● Communicates incomplete, late, or poorly completed work to teacher.
● Assembles home packets for students.
● Attends meetings as needed.
● Performs other tasks as delegated by the teacher or administration.
● Prepares materials for “Art Masters” Program.
Minimum education requirements:
● High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Position requires prolonged standing and sitting, bending, stooping and stretching. Position requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Position requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Position requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Typical mental requirement:
- Employee must be able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials, and input information into a computer. Employee must understand people and effectively communicate with them, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner. The position requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills. The employee must be able to make effective decisions in the supervisor’s absence.
Equipment skill set:
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and other office machines such as a copy machine, telephone, intercom, etc.
- Employee must be able to use a computer system with functions such as Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Google’s “G Suite for Education” & RenWeb Student Information Systems
- Employee works in a typical school setting. The employee must be able to multitask, as student needs frequently need attention during a typical school day.
- Employee may be required to work overtime.
- Employee is, during work hours, always vigilant as a supervisor of children.
- The employee is always a positive representation of CVCS, and a positive role model to students and parents.
To apply for this job please visit www.cvcs.org.